Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Today 9.1.11

"By all these lovely tokens
September days are here,
With summer’s best of weather
And autumn’s best of cheer."

- Helen Hunt Jackson, September

May, Germany
01.09.11
Hot chillies for sale at vegetable stalls in Venice.

Caroline, England
Thurs Sept 1st
Girl Power!

Salma, Canada
Communal Global,Salma
I tried a new recipe for Ramadan (iftar).

Becky, Philadelphia
9.1.11
I had the honor of shooting a wedding for a couple that had been together for 20 years on Sunday. This is the bride and her Daddy walking down the aisle...otherwise known as the porch ramp. They had an outdoor wedding and they rocked it!

Buckeroomama, Hong Kong
9.1
Zoë LOVES shrimps. She insists on helping to shell the fresh shrimps we bought from the market... and she does it quite well, too!

Maddy, New Jersey/NYC
9.1.11
Walking through one of the Greek temples at the Acropolis.

Lola, Utah
Thursday Sept 1
View of the party guests from the balcony. We had 37 party guests in all. Yikes! {Yes, I am certifiable.}

Tinajo, Sweden
9.1
September has arrived!

8 comments:

  1. Those are some GORGEOUS leaves Tina. To tell you the truth though, gosh am I ever happy that the leaves are still green in Pennsylvania. Summer can stay as long as it wants to as far as I am concerned. It was nearly perfect : )

    Love your party Lola. You did such a great job!

    Your meal looks so delicious Salma. I am glad you tried something new. I hope your Holiday was very special and sacred.

    Zoe's shrimp is fantastic.
    Maddy's view is out of this world!
    Caroline's girl power. Whooo Hooo!
    LOVE May's peppers.

    Happy Thursday one and all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some GORGEOUS leaves Tina. To tell you the truth though, gosh am I ever happy that the leaves are still green in Pennsylvania. Summer can stay as long as it wants to as far as I am concerned. It was nearly perfect : )

    Love your party Lola. You did such a great job!

    Your meal looks so delicious Salma. I am glad you tried something new. I hope your Holiday was very special and sacred.

    Zoe's shrimp is fantastic.
    Maddy's view is out of this world!
    Caroline's girl power. Whooo Hooo!
    LOVE May's peppers.

    Happy Thursday one and all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy September Ladies! Love all the shots today!! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm amazed that it's September already! I don't know about all of you, but it went by too fast :(

    What a gorgeous bride, Becky!! Love her flowers!

    Salma - that looks delicious! Care to share the recipe?

    May - The hot chillies look like bouquets of flowers! How cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love seeing these pics - and suddenly feel a craving for shrimp..! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bmama: My son loves peeling shrimp too...:) Here in Italy we were served whole cooked shrimps and it was fun peeling them and popping them right into our mouths..:D
    Tina: Your pic reminds me of autumn!! Sigh, how fast has time flown!!!
    Lola: Belated birthday wishes to your darling boy!!
    I always love brides. Written a post on one in my blog today..:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Will send you the recipe Maddy.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete